Sunday, September 23, 2007

Knitting/Beth Update


Even through the summer, I've been knitting a lot. I still fantasize about chucking the traditional jobs and raising goats for milk to make cheese and sheep for the wool. However, on a 0.16 acre lot, I'll have to make do with the local yarn shops and farmers' market cheese. Work remains busy, sometimes in a good way and sometimes in a pull-my-hair-out way. I've always been a bit of a luddite, but I have found a very cool way to learn spanish. I am taking a class via Skype with a teacher in Ecuador. We both have video and audio capability; we IM during the class to correct mistakes and homework is sent by email. It is just what I needed to get my butt in gear and practice speaking and writing. Fall has arrived and I am reminded every day why I love living in New England.

No comments: