Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mea Culpa


We've had a tough weekend in the van Eaglegiessen household. We tried to go to dinner on Saturday, but Delia wanted no part of it. I guess I should rephrase that. She did want part of the walking around the restaurant smiling at everyone and pushing her toy bus on the floor, but she had no interest in actually eating. There was only so much of "All Done!" that we could tolerate, so we scarfed down our meals and were out the door in 20 minutes.

After a great morning with some friends, Delia decided that she didn't want to take a nap today. This was quite upsetting to her parents (even though Delia was in a fine mood), as we really enjoy a relaxing cup of coffee and an hour or two without the demands of a toddler. We tried the crib, our bed, a mat on the floor, with the dolly, with the floppy pig, with the Grinch, in the dark, in the light, with music....you get the picture. I realized we'd reach a bad place when I was making up lullabies with lyrics like, "You make me hate my life sometimes" and "I wish I was at work." Eventually, in a moment of clarity, we gave up. We were all much happier once we realized who was actually in charge today.

No comments: