Sunday, January 13, 2008

A New Year and Delia's ready for anything


...well, except for weaning. We decided to cut back on nursing in January and eliminate our morning feeding. The first few days were rough as I heard Delia screaming, "Mama! Mama!" as Alan headed downstairs with her for breakfast. The day care commented that without her "morning coffee" Delia was irritable and clingy. However, being the resilient child she is, she bounced back and was her normal cheerful self over the weekend.

My parents came up to celebrate my mother's birthday today and it was a busy day for Delia. She was really worn out after dinner and cuddled on the couch with me as my parents gathered their things. She was zoned, ready for bed and her ticket to dreamtime was oh-so-close. Yet she seemed confused and a little unsure about what to do. Delia's never been breast-centric, but she groped and whined a bit, then pulled my shirt down nestled her face into my cleavage and blew the biggest raspberry ever.

No comments: